Week of the Young Child
Join us to celebrate the Week of the Young Child 2018, kicking off on April 16! It is a celebration of early learning, young children, and families—and the great work of Boston Basics partner organizations.
We want to shine a light on what parents can do to help babies learn from birth to age 3—a critical period of brain growth—and how our partners are sharing the Basics with the parents they serve.
Below are some ideas for promoting the Basics beginning with the Week of the Young Child and through the month of April. There are links to the Basics videos, signage, handouts, activity guides, and an editorial calendar of sample Facebook posts. You can use these free materials to spread the word among the families in your community.
Celebrate Week of the Young Child 2018!
- Align your WOYC marketing with Boston Basics billboards—Boston is Doing The Basics—to highlight your organization’s work
- Connect via social media: Amplify Basics Facebook posts on parenting tips and partner activities and follow us on Twitter. Like, comment, share, or retweet to join in. #WeDoTheBasics #WOYC18
- Co-Brand your events: map to one of the five Basics and a NAEYC daily theme: https://www.naeyc.org/events/woyc/overview
- Stream the Basics videos: in your reception area or as part of activities with families, parents & caregivers, and little ones
Boston Basics WOYC Toolkit
- Boston Basics videos in English, Haitian Creole, and Spanish
- New Basics healthcare videos
- Signage for Week of the Young Child
- Flyer for Week of the Young Child
- Facebook editorial calendar
- Email blast template
- Activities for groups of caregivers
- Activities for groups of caregivers and infants/toddlers
- Boston Basics logo
- Week of the Young Child graphic
Questions or ideas? Please let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org